It seems you cannot watch the news without finding out about the new major security bug or hacking Scandal Company.
The small business owner should be especially smart about cybersecurity because so much of their business is based on the web. You can also get the services of advanced cyber security in Miami.
Image source: Google
Here are some things you need to know about the safe keeping of your online business, as well as what to do if a security breach occurs.
- No business is too small to be vulnerable to hackers. According to the National Cyber Security Alliance, 71% of cyber-attacks targeting small businesses, and nearly half of small businesses report being attacked.
- Ensure that all devices are dealing with a company network or the data the company has a reliable anti-virus and anti-malware software. It is basic, but easily overlooked, prevention against malicious files and other attacks. Your network should also have a firewall to protect the network as a whole.
- Educate your employees. In addition to ensuring that everyone in your company is familiar with your security system, it may be useful to train employees on basic Internet safety and security.
- Create a strong password. For each resource that requires a password on your system, create (and have employees make) complex passwords that are not subject to social engineering or easy to guess. There are a number of guides available on the web about how to create strong passwords.
- Use encryption software if you are dealing with sensitive information on a regular basis. That way, even if your data is compromised, hackers will not be able to read it.