Netgear Genie is a program or software developed for the computer by Netgear that can be installed on PC and Mac. It is useful for configuring the extenders and routers on the existing network. The simple dashboard includes monitor, control and repair menu. The only thing to ensure is the latest version of Genie installed on the computer.
Do you want to configure and manage the home network from Netgear Genie? If yes, then it is possible from the computer itself. No matter which OS you are using. It is supported by all major OS. If you are new to the Netgear extender and don’t know its technical know-how, then nothing to worry, as the Genie setup is easy to use. You can change even the SSID or the password of your range extender from the Genie setup itself.
How to perform a Genie smart setup?
- Connect the extender to the router network.
- Connect the computer to the current network.
- Launch any web browser and enter Mywifiext.net.
- Enter the default username and password.
- Genie page will open.
- Change settings if required any.
Characteristics of Netgear Genie
- Connect the PC to the Netgear genie and make changes in the network.
- Watch videos or shows seamlessly using the ‘My media’ link.
- Print the documents directly from the iPhone or iPad using an AirPrint compatible printer.
- Secure connection through mobiles or tablets with QR code.
- Go to the ‘parental control’ feature to control the network access.
- Monitor guest's accessing the network.
- Debug issues in the network.
How to get Netgear Genie?
Click on Netgear Genie Setup via Mywifiext.net once you open the default IP address of Netgear. If this doesn’t automatically open, then enter the address manually after connecting the range extender to the computer.
Still, if you are facing a problem accessing the Netgear genie software or opening the Mywifiext net link, then get in touch with the experts. They will let you know as to why you are not being able to launch this link.