Almost all the Netgear users are familiar with the Mywifiext.net link. This is an important link and single platform from where the user can change the settings of the existing range extender and configure a new range extender on the network. If you are new to this link and don’t know much about it, then let’s walk through the steps to change the settings of your range extender using the ‘Mywifiext net’ link.
- Connect the range extender to the computer using the wireless or wired connection.
- Turn on the power supply of your range extender and wait for the power LED to turn green.
- If you find the name of the extender SSID in the list of available networks on the computer, then click to connect to it. Else, you can connect using the physical connections.
- Open the web browser and launch ‘Mywifiext net’ after entering it in the address bar. If you are not able to access this link, then check whether the devices are successfully connected or not.
- Check the status LED on the extender for connection status between router and extender and between computer and extender.
- Login to the Genie interface using the default username and password.
- After login, you can click on the already configured extender and make necessary changes.
Don’t forget to save the settings. If you find any trouble in opening this user-interface, you can contact experts.